The following post appears in my weekly Friday 5 Answers blog from questions posted every Friday at Scrivener’s Friday 5 blog, now in its tenth year.
Trying to eat healthy.
Friday 5 for July 8: Food Pyramid
“Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!”
I premise answering this by stating that I have had to cut back on a lot of different types of food since I had heart bypass surgery. And since this blog entry is about health, I am also cross posting it to my Bypass Avenue blog. I had to change my lifestyle as to not eat out very often, especially at plate lunch places and other fast food restaurants. For most of my life I was a junk food junkie until it almost cancelled out my entire existence.
1. What constituted your most recent six to eleven servings of bread, cereal, rice, or pasta?
Recently Cheerios cereal but also Corn Chex, Rice Chex and Quaker Oats oatmeal. Multigrain bread, English Muffins, Minimal scoop per meal (not always since I had to cut back) of brown rice.
2. What constituted your most recent three to five servings of vegetables?
Eat a lot of veggies every day. Most recently – Onions, Zucchini, Broccoli, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Carrots, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Manoa Lettuce – Eat most just raw/fresh, other times cook with protein food such as fish or chicken, or just boil / steam them – like broccoli and carrots.
3. What constituted your most recent two to four servings of fruit?
Strawberries, Kiwi Fruit, Orange, Banana
4. What constituted your most recent two to three servings of yogurt, milk, or cheese?
2% Low Fat Milk or Skim Milk. Avoid cheese.
5. What constituted your most recent two to three servings of meat, poultry, fish, dry beans, eggs, or nuts?
Salmon, Saba Fish, Ahi so far this week. Salmon is my favorite. I like nuts but can’t eat them all the time.
By the way – Pepper is the new salt!